It is difficult to imagine a more terrifying disaster than a fire in your home or business. Fires can happen at literally any time and they cause very extensive damage while putting those inside in immediate danger of injury or worse. It is extremely important to get the building evacuated when a fire occurs and call the fire department to put it out. Once the fire is extinguished and the fire department leaves your property, it is up to you to begin the fire damage restoration. ServiceMaster Restoration by Complete provides fire and smoke damage restoration services in Newark, NJ and the surrounding areas of Essex County to help repair and restore homes and commercial buildings affected by a fire. Our technicians provide a quick response to immediately stabilize the damage and begin the cleaning process to prevent permanent damage.
Fires are one of the most dangerous disasters because there are so many potential causes including electrical issues, smoking, cooking, and candles, and they can very quickly engulf an entire home or building. Many people may believe that the damage is done once the fire is out, but the secondary damage caused by the remaining byproducts can exceed the damage caused by the fire itself. The heat from the fire creates corrosive byproducts that continue to linger along with soot and smoke, and these substances can cause etching and tarnishing to various surfaces and objects. The damage caused by soot and corrosive byproducts will become permanent without fast cleaning and restoration.
Our technicians at ServiceMaster Restoration by Complete understand the urgency of beginning the fire damage restoration process and we will be at your property within 1-2 hours of your call. We will immediately stabilize any major structural damage caused by the fire and we use advanced chemical cleaning products to reverse the effects of soot and corrosive byproducts. You can expect the following basic steps with our fire and smoke damage restoration services:
- Emergency pre-cleaning
- Wall and ceiling cleaning
- Content cleaning and pack-out
As soon as you contact ServiceMaster Restoration by Complete for fire damage restoration, you can start the recovery process by following these tips.
What to Do After a Fire
- Open the doors and windows of your home if the temperature outside is above 60 degrees.
- Wipe the soot from Formica, porcelain, chrome, and aluminum surfaces.
- Change the air filter on your furnace if it uses forced hot air.
- Put a damp cheesecloth over each return and supply register to help capture loose soot.
- Dispose of exposed food products.
- If you lose power, thoroughly clean the inside of your refrigerator.
- Smoke damaged clothing and fabrics should be set aside for restoration dry cleaning.
What Not to Do After a Fire
- Do not touch porous materials affected by soot such as drywall, wood, or upholstery because the natural oils in your hand can add to the damage.
- Do not attempt to wash soot damaged walls because you can make the damage worse without proper cleaning methods.
- Do not try to clean your carpet or upholstery.
- Do not use electrical appliances until they have been inspected and declared safe.
- Do not use ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet.
If you experience a fire on your property, you cannot forget that the worst of the damage can happen after the fire is put out. You should not hesitate to contact ServiceMaster Restoration by Complete as soon as the fire is put out to begin the restoration. Our technicians can effectively rebuild the damage to your home or building and effectively clean up the effects of soot and smoke. You can reach us 24 hours a day at (732) 840-3570 for fire damage emergencies in Newark, NJ and the surrounding areas of Essex County.
We service Newark, West Orange, Bloomfield, Montclair, East Orange, Bellville, Irvington, Livingston, North and West Caldwell, Nutley, and Northfield in Essex County New Jersey.