When it comes to dealing with property damage, water damage is a universal experience as just about every home or building has experienced it in some form. Rain, overflows, leaks, and burst pipes are just some of the factors that can lead to water damage. The quickness of your reaction is very important because porous building materials allow the water to spread through them which increases the risk of structural damage or mold growth. ServiceMaster Restoration by Complete provides water damage restoration services in Franklin Township, NJ. We can effectively extract excess water from residential and commercial settings and we arrive within 1-2 hours of your initial call to contain the damage.
Water damage can lead to major problems the longer it is ignored because it will get absorbed deeper into flooring, wood, insulation, drywall, and other porous building materials. These building materials become weak or warped when inundated with water, greatly increasing the risk of extensive structural damage. Homes and buildings that experience water damage are also likely to experience mold growth which can accelerate structural damage while possibly triggering certain health issues like allergies and infection. We can remove any amount of water including standing flood water with our water extraction equipment and our drying process can extract moisture from affected furnishings, structural elements, and personal items.
Our water damage restoration services consist of the following steps:
- Emergency Response: We arrive quickly to contain the excess water and moisture and inspect the damage to form the appropriate restoration plan.
- Water Extraction and Drying: We use state-of-the-art extraction equipment to remove excess water and our dehumidifiers and air movers can dry affected surfaces and materials.
- Reinstallation and Cleaning: We will thoroughly clean and sanitize the affected area and put any items that we moved during the restoration back in their original place.
Following these tips after you call ServiceMaster Restoration by Complete can help prevent further damage.
What to Do After Water Damage
- Soak up excess water by mopping and blot drying.
- Remove non-permanent flooring like area rugs but do not try to remove permanent flooring.
- Put drapery bottoms through a coat hanger and put the hanger on the rod to keep the drapes off the wet floor.
- Blot dry your furniture and put aluminum foil under the legs to protect the carpet from staining.
- Put paintings, photos, and other valuable objects in a safe place.
- Keep books on their shelves so the pages won’t warp before they can be treated with specialized drying.
- Open up internal doors and cabinet doors and drawers to help accelerate the drying process.
What Not to Do After Water Damage
- Do not walk into a room with standing water unless the electricity is shut off.
- Do not remove flood water with a household vacuum cleaner.
- Do not try to remove permanent flooring or carpeting yourself.
- Do not use electrical appliances if the floor is wet.
- Do not try to cleanup mold or mildew growth.
Water damage should be treated as an emergency because of its ability to spread and cause significant structural damage or mold growth. Make sure you call ServiceMaster Restoration by Complete if your home or business in Franklin Township, NJ has sustained water damage. You can call us any time at (732) 840-3570 to respond quickly to your water damage emergency.